Courses and Conferences
As leaders in clinical excellence, we run regular events for our staff and external health professionals. Join us at the following:
EU Interreg AiBle Webinar: The Role of Robotics in Rehabilitation (online)
Date: 27th January 2022
British Bobath Tutors Association (BBTA): An Introduction To The Bobath Concept
What is Bobath?
The Bobath Concept is a problem solving approach to the assessment and treatment of individuals with disturbances of function, movement and postural control due to a lesion of the central nervous system. This approach to the rehabilitation of adults with central nervous system pathology originated in the work of Berta and Karel Bobath and has evolved over more than half a century.
For more information on Bobath, please visit their website.
An Introduction To The Bobath Concept
The rationale for current practice is based upon present day knowledge of motor control, motor learning and neural plasticity, as well as on knowledge of biomechanics.
These BBTA modules are designed to introduce course participants to the assessment and treatment of adults with neuromuscular dysfunction. The modules consist of theoretical and practical sessions and patient demonstrations.
- Module l Understanding human movement analysis
- Module ll The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part A)
- Module lll The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part B)
NB the understanding human movement analysis module is a prerequisite for the Basic Bobath Course
Course tutor: Sarah Guy (Bobath Tutor)
- Module 1 February 26th- 27th 2022
- Module 2 April 2nd- 3rd 2022
- Module 3 May 7th- 8th 2022
Cost: £175 per module
Venue: Hobbs Rehabilitation Winchester
Course organiser: Lizzie Williams email@example.com
For further information and to book a place please contact Lizzie Williams on the email above or phone Hobbs SE on 01730890072
Therapeutic Frontiers For Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Persistent Concussion Symptoms 2021 is cancelled until further notice.
Unfortunately, after a few attempts to reschedule, we have decided to cancel the conference at this current time, due to the pandemic and the unknown possibilities for when we will all be able to safely meet in a room together.
We feel a physical meeting is a much better opportunity for networking and discussing the topic and experiences, so we hope you understand our decision and will update our event details on this site in the future when things are more certain.
Most recent courses:
Advance Bobath Therapy
Postural control for efficiency of reach, grasp and dexterity
Venue: Hobbs Rehabilitation, Bridgets Lane, Martyr Worthy, Winchester, Hants, SO21 1AR
Date: Mon 8 - Fri 12 June 2020
- An Introduction To Bobath - 3 Modules July to Sept 2019
- Western Medical Accupuncture & Neurlogical Conditions - Sept 2019
- Masterclass In Neuro Technology - March 2019
- Masterclass In Neuro Technology - Oct 2018
- Vestibular Physiotherapy: A Practical Approach - July 2018
- 2 day Acupuncture Refresher Course - June 2018
- Adapted Reflextherapy in spinal and chronic pain - April 2018
- Manual Therapy Upper Limb Course - Jan 2018
- Sleep Assessment and Management Course - Jan 2018
- The Assessment and treatment of clients with Perceptual and Cognitive Dysfunction - Nov 2017
- Rocktape taping course (Nov 2015)
- Two Day Spinal Injury Workshop (Oct 2015)
- Multiple Sclerosis Study Day (Sept 2015)
- Bionic Leg Introduction Workshop (June 2015)
- Adapted Reflextherapy (March 2015)
- An Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Feburary 2015)
- Adults with Cerebral Palsy (November 2014)
- Traumatic Brain Injury Study Day (October 2014)
- MS Study Day (May 2014)
- Evidence Based Treatment of the Neurological Upper Limb (September 2013)
- Human Locomotion Bobath Workshop (August 2013)
- Where does rehabilitation start and end (June 2013)
- Postural Management for people with complex neurological conditions (June 2013)
- APPI Matwork level 2
- Sit to stand practical problem solving workshops (April and May 2012)
- FES single channel course (March 2012)
For all enquires please contact Hobbs Rehabilitation by e-mail or telephone on 01962 779796.
If you would like to be added to our e-mail distribution list so we can send you details of forthcoming courses please complete the form below: