Children's Therapy Services
Our children's service includes neurological physiotherapists, occupational therapists and psychologists. We treat children of all ages from babies to teenagers and we are experienced in managing conditions affecting the neurological and musculoskeletal systems.
We offer specialist physiotherapy assessments and detailed reports for case managers and legal professionals.
Conditions which may benefit from neurological management include the following:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Autism and sensory processing difficulties
- Balance and Gait Re-education
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Co-ordination difficulties and Dyspraxia
- Neurological and neuromuscular conditions
- Developmental Delay
- Muscular or joint pain and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Neuro-developmental disorders
- Post Concussion Syndrome/ mTBI (mild traumatic brain injury)
- Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR) - pre and post surgery
- Spinal cord injury
- Walking and foot postures
Each child is assessed and provided with a treatment plan according to his or her need.
Physiotherapy Treatment may include:
Aquatic Therapy (Hydrotherapy)
- Core stability, stretches and strengthening
- Exercise programmes
- Equipment advice
- Lycra garments
- Play-based therapy
- Positioning and postural management
- Postural advice
- Serial casting for the lower limbs
We have access to specialist equipment such as the Omego, Mollii Suit and the LiteGait which are useful adjuncts to therapy. Treatments are given in a variety of settings including at home or at school. Our service covers Somerset, Hampshire and the Surrey/Sussex borders from Monday to Saturday.
Our Children's Physiotherapists are registered with the Health Professional Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Association of Chartered Paediatric Physiotherapists and have advanced skills in the Bobath Concept.
Child and Parent Counselling Service
Child & parent counselling psychology service: consultations for children, young people and parents from Dr Helen Molden (CPsychol) DCPsych MA (Oxon) BSc (Hons) Psych (Open) UKCP
For more information please click here.
Children's Services Testimonials
"Both Carla and Kate have been fantastic with Jack. Communication with both us as parents and to Jack is great."
"Thank you again for the wonderful service, so helpful and approachable throughout. Particularly thankful to Debbie Jay for being so flexible and turning around the assessment and report very quickly, I do really appreciate it."