Hobbs Dorset community services
Hobbs Dorset offers specialist neurological physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and clincial neuropsychology plus access to additional rehabilitation services from other Hobbs Centres.
Operating in Dorset and into Somerset and Wiltshire, this new service provides therapy within the community setting. This is predominantly within people’s homes but can be within gyms, work places and pools. We plan to expand the services provided as and when appropriate, in the meantime do call our Winchester branch on 01962 779796 for availabilty.
- Specialist and individualised assessment
- Bobath Concept
- Advanced skills in FES (Functional Electronic Stimulation)
- Spasticity management
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Functional skills such as dressing, cooking, developing routine
- Advice on equipment and seating
- Hand Therapy with exercises, FES (Functional Electrical Stimulation) and splinting
- Cognition such as memory and sequencing
- Assistive technology to explore independent access to your mobile phone, tablet or computer
- Being part of the Hobbs Group means that we also have access to other specialist services such as orthotics and links with our centre in Winchester.
We accept referrals from a variety of sources including Consultants, General Practitioners, other Health Care Professionals, Case Managers and private individuals.