Speech & Language Therapy
Our Speech and Language Therapists work with adults and children with communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
Our therapists have experience working in the fields of stroke rehabilitation, acquired brain injury and progressive neurological conditions as well as with children with neuro-developmental conditions and children and adults with learning difficulties.. They are members of the Health and Care Professions Council and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) in adults and children
- Aphasia/Dysphasia (speech difficulties - finding or understanding words)
- Motor speech disorders such as Dyspraxia or Dysarthria
- Facial weakness
- Cognitive communication difficulties
- Voice disorders
- Learning difficulties in adults and children
- Using technology to support communicationand therapy, including advice regarding communication aids
We offer 1:1 and group treatment sessions as appropriate and can treat you at one of the Hobbs centres or in your own home. *NEW* Parkinson's Voice Groups now running at Hobbs Lymington on Mondays at 1pm and at Hobbs Winchester on Thursdays at 10am: 1 hour sessions in 6 week blocks, run throughout the year at a cost of £120 including all materials.
We assess each patient to help identify specific individual needs, set therapy goals and create a tailor-made treatment programme.
Treatment may include:
- Exercises to strengthen muscles and improve coordination
- Sensory stimulation
- Volume and breath control exercises
- LSVT (Lee Silverman Voice Therapy) for Parkinson's Disease
- Compensatory strategies to make your speech clearer
Language: strategies / practice to help:
- Word finding
- Supporting you to develop skills to make communicating with others easier
- Helping you to find a safe and acceptable way to manage your swallowing difficulties
- Exercises and treatments, if appropriate, to improve your swallow.
- We can train family members, friends, carers and teachers on how to support your swallowing and communicate effectively with you.
- We can give advice on communication aids, which may support your speech, if appropriate.
- We use computer-based therapy resources where appropriate to enhance your 1:1 treatment or to support your therapy at home
*NEW* Parkinson's Voice Groups now running at Hobbs Lymington on Mondays at 1pm and at Hobbs Winchester on Thursdays at 10am. Join us for 1 hour sessions which will be in 6 week blocks, run throughout the year at a cost of £120 including all materials. To book, please email Chrissy Bibby at email@example.com.