Hobbs at Whiteley Village
Hobbs Rehabilitation provides the therapy services at Whiteley Village, a charitable retirement community for older people of limited means, based in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
Wellbeing Week is a huge success with Chelsea Football Club kicking off the week with an exercise session and a game of walking netball. Ted, 92, says "I have never done anything like this before and I simply cannot wait to do more!"Other activities include cycling and a walking football tournament.
The charitable trust enables older residents to be as independent as possible and contribute as much as they can to Village life.
Hobbs Rehabilitation provides specialist neurological therapy services to the residents at Whiteley Village. Our therapy team includes specialist neurological physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech & language therapists.
Initially, we are offering fun, motivational, inclusive taster sessions to all residents.
- Body Balance incorporating falls prevention and postural awareness
- Relax & Unwind to help with anxiety and deliver a place of mindfulness, sanctity and peace
PD Power: Parkinson’s exercises involving large movements to help keep you moving
Brain Fit: exercise your thinking muscles, develop new strategies and share helpful tips
Stroke Folks: a mix of activities to practice old and new skills & share experience
With these groups acting as a starting point, we are perfectly placed to engage with services available on-site and within the wider community. Some people may benefit from a tailored treatment program to suit their current level and goals, following an individual assessment.
Our group sessions may include:
- Assessment of current equipment and mobility aids
- Assessing and suggesting aids that can assist cognitive functioning and memory
- Strengthening and mobilisation exercises to increase functional independence
- Stretching programs and splinting to lengthen tight muscles and reduce spasms
- Setting up exercises and activities that can be completed in a home environment
- Gait re-education and balance work
- Increasing participation in leisure and social activities
How to find us:
Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Seven Hills Rd/B365 and continue for 1 mile, then turn right onto West Avenue (B365) in Hersham and follow the road to Octagon Rd.